Wash produce before use
1. Prep and cook the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Make the ginger-basil dressing
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
3. Prep and cook the onion and nectarine
- Peel the onion and cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick rings.
- Cut the nectarine in half and remove the pit.
4.Prep the walnuts; assemble the salad
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.