Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 24—48 hours
1 lb Beef Shank Meat
1 - 2 lbs. Beef Marrow Bones
1 - 2. lbs Beef Knuckle Bones
2 stalks Celery
3 cloves Garlic
2 Bay Leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Roast beef shank and bones for 40 minutes, turning over half way through cooking.
- Rinse and rough chop carrots and celery. Peel onion and cut into wedges.
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cover with water.
- Cook on low for 24—48 hours adding additional water to keep ingredients covered.
- Pour broth through fine mesh colander or colander lined with cheesecloth. Discard bones and vegetables. (Bones are not ideal for pets after being cooked for this length of time.)
- Let cool. Refrigerate for up to 5 days. A layer of fat will rise to the top, this can be used for cooking or discarded.