FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
FOR THE SAUCE
- Salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder- to taste
- Heavy whipping cream 1 cup
- Butter- 1/2 cube
- Parmesan Cheese 1 cup
- For the meatballs: Preheat the oven to 450º with the oven rack in the upper third of oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Mix together the beef, sausage, parmesan, parsley, egg, garlic, panko, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined. Form the mixture into about 40 (1/2-inch wide) meatballs. Lightly spray the baking sheet with nonstick spray and arrange the meatballs in a single layer.
- Bake the meatballs for 6 to 8 minutes or until they are firm to the touch. Increase the heat to broil. Broil the meatballs for 2 to 4 minutes or until browned. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, whisk on low and add heat cream, Parmesan cheese and seasoning to taste. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour over the meatballs and enjoy!