- ¾ lb leftover prime rib
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb. penne pasta or pasta of your choice
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms, sliced or mushrooms of your choice
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, optional
- grated parmesan, optional
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and cook until translucent, then add garlic and cook for another minute. Next, add sliced mushrooms and butter and cook until tender, 5-6 minutes, constantly stirring.
2. Add heavy cream, lowering the heat. Let it simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce reduces.
3. Next, mix in sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper, and parsley to taste. Stir to incorporate everything, then remove the skillet from the heat.
4. Slice leftover prime rib into thin slices. In the meantime, cook penne pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Remove pasta from the heat about 2 minutes before the time indicated on the box, so the pasta is slightly underdone. Drain in a colander and immediately add to the skillet with the cream sauce. 5. Finally, add the sliced prime rib and return to the heat, stirring for 1 minute to mix everything together. Serve and enjoy!