- 4-5 pounds beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons pink salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Green onion
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Extra barbecue sauce or slow cooker brisket sauce
- Place the brisket into a container or bowl. Mix the salt and spices together and rub all over the brisket top, bottom, and sides. Put the brisket into the refrigerator, and let sit with the dry brine for a few hours or overnight.
- Pour a little of your favorite barbecue sauce to coat the bottom of a large slow cooker. Place the brisket, fat side up, into the slow cooker and pour the remaining barbecue sauce over it. Set your slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Once the brisket is done, carefully remove it, and place on a cutting board. Slice the brisket against the grain, removing any big pieces of fat still left.
- If desired, skim the fat from the sauce remaining in the slow cooker and reserve to drizzle sauce on top of the brisket or the tacos when serving.
- Assemble tacos with brisket and desired toppings!