- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pounds chuck roast or stew meat (cubed)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 12-ounce package wide egg noodles
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Pat beef dry with paper towels and add to the flour mixture in the bowl; toss to coat.
2. Set Instant Pot to SAUTE, add vegetable oil and brown the meat on all sides. Meat will not be cooked through. (Be sure not to crowd the pot – you will have to work in batches. I work in 3 batches). Transfer browned meat onto a plate.
3. Add onion and mushrooms, cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
4. Stir in brandy and red wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
5. Stir in beef broth and return beef to Instant Pot.
6. Cover and seal the lid – turn the vent to sealing. Hit CANCEL then press the MANUAL (high pressure) button and set the timer to 12 minutes. It will take about 15 minutes for Instant Pot to come to full pressure, then the display will show a countdown timer.
7. When finished, quick-release the pressure before removing the lid.
8. Add the egg noodles and stir. Cover and seal the lid – turn the vent to sealing. Hit CANCEL then press the MANUAL (high pressure) button and set the timer to 5 minutes. When finished, quick-release the pressure.
9. Stir in sour cream and parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.