- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 pounds flat iron steak
- 1 avocado skin and pit removed, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- juice from 1 lime
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Rub all over the steak.
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Place remaining ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Cook steak about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice steak and spoon avocado sauce over the top. Serve.