▢1 tbsp olive oil
▢1 ½ lb sirloin steak cut into bite size pieces, or strip loin, tenderloin, strip steak or rib eye
▢½ tsp salt or to taste
▢½ tsp pepper or to taste
▢2 tbsp butter unsalted
▢4 cloves garlic minced
▢¼ tsp red pepper flakes
▢1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat it over high heat. Make sure the olive oil is hot, then add the steak pieces to it. Season them generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook for at least 2 minutes before stirring the steak pieces. You want to make sure you get a good sear on them. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes until they're golden brown. If your skillet isn't big enough, you may need to do this batches.
- Transfer the steak bites to a plate and in the same skillet add the butter. Turn the heat down to a medium and after the butter has melted, add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 30 seconds while stirring, just until the garlic becomes aromatic and starts to brown.
- Pour the garlic butter over the steak bites and toss well. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Serve these with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, pasta or zucchini noodles for a healthier option, or just with some crusty bread to soak up that garlic butter.