1. Pan-fry ground beef, onions and mushrooms thoroughly in large skillet. Drain if necessary. Add pasta sauce and heat through.
2. Meanwhile, combine ricotta with basil, green onion, salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
3. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Press a wonton wrapper firmly into the bottom of each muffin cup. Spoon in a scant 1 tsp EACH Parmesan, mozzarella, ricotta and top with 1 tbsp of the meat mixture.
4. Layer a second wonton into each cup and top each with approx. 1 tsp EACH of the cheeses. Divide meat mixture evenly among the cups (approx. 1/4 cup each). Top with additional grated Parmesan or mozzarella if desired.
5. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are brown and cupcakes are bubbling. Remove form the oven; let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Use a knife to remove each cupcake from muffin tin.
Chili Style: While adding tomato sauce stir in ½ cup salsa, 2/3 cup canned kidney beans (drained and rinsed), 2 tbsp chili powder and 1 tsp ground cumin. Use shredded Cheddar or Tex-Mex Cheddar cheese instead of the mozzarella.
Greek Style: While adding tomato sauce stir in 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves or Italian seasoning and ¼ tsp ground cinnamon. Use crumbled feta cheese instead of the mozzarella.